You can apply for the temporary residence permit if you are:
- the manager of the company;
- a member of its collegial management or supervisory body;
- a participant who has the right to enter into transactions on behalf of the company;
- a shareholder of a public limited liability company or a private limited liability company and the nominal value of the company’s shares owned by you is not lower than 1/3 of the authorised capital of the company
In order to apply for a temporary residence permit you must meet these main requirements:
- you must be a participant, as defined in the Civil Code of the Republic of Lithuania, of a private legal entity registered with the Register of Legal Entities, which has been conducting its activities for no less than for the last 6 months prior to your application for issue of a temporary residence permit and
- the company has established at least three jobs and employed full time three citizens of the Republic of Lithuania or aliens permanently residing in the Republic of Lithuania and
- the value of the own capital of the company (if the company is neither a public limited liability company nor a private limited liability company – the value of assets) amounts to no less than 28,000 EUR, out of which no less than 14,000 EUR are funds or other assets invested by you, and you are the manager of the company, a member of its collegial management or supervisory body, a participant who has the right to enter into transactions on behalf of the company, or a shareholder of a public limited liability company or a private limited liability company, the nominal value of the company’s shares owned by you is not lower than 1/3 of the authorised capital of the company, you can obtain a temporary residence permit.
|Where and how to apply|
Temporary residence permit
Application for a temporary residence permit will be forwarded to the Migration Department under the Ministry of Interior for processing. The decision to issue the residence permit is taken within 4 months at the latest. For an additional fee, the decision will be taken within 2 months at the latest. If you invested at least 260 000 euros, and the company employs at least 5 citizens or permanent residents, decision will be issued within 2 months, and for an additional fee – within 1 month at the latest. If you receive a positive decision and are outside the country, you will be issued a single entry national visa, if necessary, and you will be able to enter Lithuania and collect your residence permit here.Note that in case you apply for extension of your residence in Lithuania, you should apply for a temporary residence permit before your previous temporary residence permit expires. Otherwise, you will have to leave the country and wait for your temporary residence permit while abroad.
To obtain a temporary residence permit you must show:
In order to issue a temporary residence permit, 2 of your fingerprints will be taken.
|Duration of validity of permits|
Residence permits are issued for one year and can be renewed each time for 2 years.
If your share within the enterprise is of at least 260 000 euros, and the enterprise employs at least 5 Lithuanian citizens or residents, the residence permit is issued and renewed for 3 years.
|Further requirements||Having received your residence permit, you must declare your place of residence.|
|Appeals||Decisions can be challenged before the Vilnius District Administrative Court within 14 days from the receipt of the decision and further before the Supreme Administrative Court.|
If you have been residing continuously and legally for five years in Lithuania, you can obtain a permanent resident’s status.Basic knowledge of the language and of the Lithuanian Constitution will be tested.
More on permanent residence permits
If you, being directly involved in projects of importance to Lithuania, have invested in Lithuania any property owned, borrowed or managed and used by the right of trust, or if your share within the enterprise is of at least 260 000 euros, and the enterprise employs at least 5 Lithuanian citizens or residents, you are immediately entitled to family reunification and do not need to wait for the two-year period of legal residence to be completed. Your family members may immediately apply for a temporary residence permit.In other cases, general requirements for family reunification are applied.
No information available at the moment.