Permanent and temporary employees
If you have a work contract valid for more than three months for a fixed-term (temporary employee) or for an indefinite period (permanent employee) you need to have this contract approved by the competent department responsible for foreign labour. Once approved, you must obtain a long-stay visa equivalent to a residence permit (visa de long séjour valant titre de séjour - VLS-TS) from the competent French consulate in your country of residence.
Workers holding a “passport talent” residence permit
You may obtain a “passport talent” multiyear residence permit (carte de séjour pluriannuelle ‘passeport talent') if the recognition of your experience and qualification make you considered as talented.
The “passport talent” residence permit allows you to undertake any professional activity related to your project. If you exercise a salaried activity, you do not have to obtain a work permit.
You can be issued a “passport talent” residence permit if as a salaried employee:
- You are a (highly) qualified employee hired by a new innovative enterprise, transferred to France through an intra-company transfer;
- You are engaged in an activity in France linked to your national or international reputation;
- You are a performer or have created a literacy or artistic work.
The “passport talent” residence permit may be issued:
- if you legally reside in France (you must file your application with the préfecture two months before the expiry of your residence permit);
- if you reside outside France (you must submit your application for a long-stay visa to the consulate).
The procedure for obtaining a “passport talent” residence permit differs from the procedure to obtain a residence / work permit.
No information available at the moment.