If you have been legally resident in France for at least 18 months, you may apply for family reunification. You must hold a/an:
- temporary residence permit valid for at least one year;
- ten-year residence permit;
- "long-term resident – EU” residence permit;
- acknowledgement of requests to renew one of these residence permits.
Family members who may benefit from family reunification are:
- the sponsor’s spouse of at least 18 years old (also same sex spouses; partners and registered partners are excluded);
- the minor children of the sponsor and of his/her spouse (natural or adopted);
- the minor children of the sponsor and of his/her spouse if filiation is established only with regard to one of the parents;
- the minor children of the sponsor and of his/her spouse if one parent is deceased or has been deprived of parental rights;
- the minor children of the sponsor and of his/her spouse over whom they have parental authority by virtue of a foreign jurisdiction.
Specific provisions for family members of a “passport talent” residence permit holder:
Family members of sponsors holding a “passport talent” residence permit do not have to go through the family reunification procedure. This residence permit is issued for a maximum duration of four years. The period of validity is equal to the one of the sponsor’s permit. The “family passport talent” automatically grants the right to work.